Coming from Siberia, the term "shaman" refers to a person who acts as a healer and spiritual guide. Shamanism, particularly present in the Amerindian culture, is one of the most ancient forms of spirituality and a traditional medicine considered to be the most powerful in the world.
To learn more about Shamanism :
- "Singing to the Plants" by Steve Beyer
- "The Cosmic Serpent: DNA and the Origins of Knowledge" by Jeremy NARBY
- “Food of the Gods: A Radical History of Plants and Human Evolution” by Terence Mackenna
- “Las plantas medicinales y su beneficio en la salud Shipibo-Conibo" by Guillermo Arévalo Valera : A book in Spanish on ethnobotanic knowledge of shamans.
- "Other Worlds" by Jan KOUNEN